Home Blog Page 346

Buff Bagwell Signs Deal With Adult Film Company

0

[spacer height=”20px”]

[spacer height=”20px”]

Source: TMZ

TMZ reports that former WCW star Buff Bagwell, who starred on Showtime’s Gigolos show, has caught the eye of adult film company Vivid. Vivid boss Steve Hirsch called a potential movie with Bagwell an “absolute blockbuster.”

Hirsch, Buff and Buff’s wife Judy recently met to work out a deal for his adult entertainment debut.

[spacer height=”20px”]

Jim Ross Blogs On Spike TV Not Renewing Impact, And More

0

Jim Ross posted his latest blog at JRSBBQ.com looking at Spike TV not renewing Impact Wrestling. He wondered if TNA would be able to secure a new deal that will keep them in business with such a short turnaround.

“One would assume/hope TNA finds a new cable home and they move their fan base with them,” Ross wrote. “If not, Viacom’s Spike Network is in the same position TBS was in when Jim Crockett Promotions found themselves in financial duress. TBS bought out JCP and WCW aired on TBS & TNT for years. The question is does Viacom want to own a pro wrestling franchise to go with their newly acquired MMA franchise Bellator?

“It will be interesting to see how all the involved parties spin this matter come Monday morning. If WWE’s scheduled financial, conference call doesn’t go well later this week especially as it relates to the number if subscribers currently paying for the WWE Network this will be one of the most news worthy and potentially negative weeks the business has experienced in years. Hopefully the week will end better than it’s started.”

Lots More TNA And SpikeTV News, Meetings, Dixie, Russo, Talent Future, More

0

Source: PWInsider

– Regarding TNA and Spike TV, it was said that Dixie Carter did not tell the staff anything about their status on TV at last Wednesday’s staff meeting in Nashville. The majority of that meeting was to discuss strategies for the next three weeks of TV promotion.

– Former TNA star Jesse Neal and his wife Brittney Savage returned to the indies this weekend. This was Brittney’s first match in 18 months and she lost to TNA Knockout Brittany. Neal beat Jon Davis in the main event and debuted a new gimmick with a ski cap, face mask and all black attire. Neal is now using the name Salvation.

—————————————————-

Source: F4WOnline

TNA officials have confirmed that Spike TV will not be renewing their contract for Impact Wrestling. Word is that the deal expires either the last week in September or the first week in October. TNA has until then to secure a new deal with another network.

Both sides are claiming that they were the ones to not renew but multiple sources have confirmed it was Spike’s decision. TNA says they are still in negotiations with Spike.

For those wondering if TNA’s international TV deals can keep them going, those deals are not lucrative enough and you still can’t tour in the United States without TV. There are lots of people in TNA that have a very small chance of picking up work in Japan, Ring of Honor and WWE.

—————————————————-

Source: F4WOnline

We noted before via F4Wonline.com that Spike TV’s decision not to renew TNA’s Impact Wrestling contract came just a few days after Spike found out Russo was still working with TNA.

Spike was not happy when they found out Russo was still working for TNA. While there’s speculation that this could have been the “straw that broke the camel’s back,” there was still no new deal in place 2 weeks ago, before they found out Russo still had ties to TNA.

It’s said that Russo’s involvement with TNA played a big factor in Spike not renewing Impact but they may not have renewed anyway.

When the news of Russo working with TNA was recently confirmed, there were a lot of people in TNA worried because of what’s happening now.

Vince Russo The Reason SpikeTV Is Not Renewing TNA Impact?

0

Source: F4WOnline

As noted earlier, TMZ is reporting that Spike TV will not be renewing TNA’s contract for Impact Wrestling in October when it expires.

There were reports that Dixie Carter gave the impression to staff last week that they were leaving Spike on their own, due to a lack of promotion. However, other sources have confirmed to F4WOnline that Spike told Dixie they weren’t renewing the deal.

The decision came just a few days after Spike officials found out that Vince Russo is still working for TNA. Dave Meltzer reported in the most recent issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Spike TV were not happy with Russo in the past and made it clear that they wanted nothing to do with him.

WWE Confirms Prince Devitt Has Signed, Devitt Comments On His Goals

0

WWE has confirmed on their website that they have signed Prince Devitt. Devitt commented to WWE.com last week:

“This is something I’ve been looking forward to since I was maybe four or five years old. I grew up watching wrestling my whole life, so to get the chance to step in the ring that I’ve watched on TV so many times is a dream come true.”

Devitt said he’s looking forward to learning a new style at the WWE Performance Center:

“I don’t consider myself anywhere close to the finished product, so I’m looking forward to this challenge and learning a new style. I’ve seen a lot of different training schools and dojos, and the sheer level of professionalism at the Performance Center and the state-of-the-art facility just knocked me for a six. It really blew me away.”

He also commented on his main roster goal:

“The target would be John Cena, because if you’re wrestling John Cena, you’re in the main event.”

Batista Talks About Retiring And Who He Wants His Last Match Against, Comments On Sting

0

Batista recently spoke with the UK’s Daily Mail to promote Guardians of the Galaxy.

Batista confirmed that he will be returning to WWE and expressed interest in facing Sting. He commented on Sting wrestling for WWE:

“I don’t know where Sting would fit in the spectrum of things. I’ve never even met him. I would hope so. I’ve been a fan throughout the years. We’ve speculated a lot, we’ve thought he was going to come to the WWE years ago so just speaking as a fan I’d like to see it.”

He also talked about retiring against Triple H:

“I kind of have my wish list of guys that I would like to work with, because I realise my career is not going to be that long if I do go back just because physically… realistically, I’m 45 years old now, how much longer can I continue…? You do take a beating in professional wrestling. But I love it.”

“It’s not ‘will I go back?’, it’s ‘when will I go back?’. Hopefully it won’t be far too long. Triple H right now is the guy I really want to work with. I want to go back and that’s hopefully that’ll be my retirement program. Yeah, I’ll have my WrestleMania retirement match with Triple H.”

Breaking News: TNA Impact Wrestling CANCELED By SPIKETV

0

Source: TMZ

TMZ reports that Spike TV has let TNA officials know that they will not be renewing their TV contract in October. No word yet on when Impact will stop airing.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the deal told TMZ that Spike TV executives contacted Dixie Carter this week to break the news. Dixie told members of her inner circle the following day.

TMZ reports there’s no bad blood and Spike gave TNA such advance notice so it would have time to shop for a new TV deal. Spike and TNA did not return TMZ’s request for comment.

Has The Scott Hall vs. Goldberg Feud Finally Subsided?

0

Goldberg and Scott Hall have decided to put their past differences behind them.

The former enemies made up last week at a wrestling convention in Tucson, Arizona, which was brought to light from this fan’s post on Twitter to Hall: “Yeah I saw that coward @Goldberg trying to suck up to you after all that s–t he talked about you. What a b—h.”

Goldberg responded, “As opposed to killing the son of a b—h I figured I’d be the bigger man. How about you fukehead!”

Hall added, writing to Goldberg, “Don’t know what all the fuss is about. Bill and I made peace. End of story….”

In the past, Goldberg has labeled Hall as “unprofessional” and blamed him for a near career-ending injury at a December 1999 WCW event where he smashed the windows of a limousine with his bare hands. He lost a large amount of blood due to this and came within one centimeter of having to have an arm amputated.

“I should’ve killed him but I didn’t,” Goldberg told Mike Mooneyham of The Post & Courier in a 2001 interview. “Scott Hall is very unprofessional and he often breaks character and does things I don’t agree with. I try to be professional and set a positive example, but unfortunately he doesn’t share the same views. Vince Russo couldn’t control him and we had an issue, and instead of being unprofessional and making him pay, I took my frustrations out on that limousine.”

STAY CONNECTED

402FollowersFollow
15FollowersFollow

LATEST NEWS